Let us help you with
Community Care – Scenic Gem Services is a division of Killarney Memorial Aged Care Ltd.
We expanded our services to assist and meet the needs of the community and surrounding areas. Some of the services include:
- Transportation services
- In-home or on-site Clinical Care
- In-home housekeeping and laundry services
- In-home gardening and basic maintenance work
- Catering for functions
- Private Day respite.
Scenic Gem Services employs qualified Registered Nurses, skilled and fully trained Enrolled Nurses, Personal Care Workers, Cooks, Housekeepers, Laundry Assistants and Maintenance personnel.
All staff employed by Scenic Gem Services hold a current police check and are insured to work in your home and are professionally screened for your protection.
We can support you to manage a Home Care Package that has been allocated to you by the Government.
Your package is a Consumer Directed Care (CDC) Home Care Package and will provide you with a comprehensive and tailored range of care and services.
There are four levels of package, Level 1, 2, 3, or 4 depending on the amount of care you have been assessed as needing.
The range of care and services available under a KMAC Home Care Package includes, but is not limited to:
- Nursing, Allied Health and other clinical services: hearing services, vision services and medication assistance
- Personal Care, such as help with showering or bathing, dressing and mobility
- Support Services, such as help with laundry, house cleaning, gardening and transportation to help you with shopping, visiting your Doctor or attending social activities and respite within the home
- Care co-ordination and case management
To be assessed for a home care package, you will need to contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 to discuss your eligibility, the options available to you and whether you will need to contribute to the cost of your services.
KMAC Community Care Services is a registered NDIS provider and can offer people with disabilities a range of quality support and services to meet their needs.
You are eligible for the NDIS if you:
- Are under 65 years of age; and
- Are an Australian citizen or resident or permanent visa holder; and
- Meet the disability or early intervention requirements.
Your eligibility for access to the NDIS is determined by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA). We can help work through this process and help you to prepare for your planning session with the NDIA Planner.
After your planning meeting, the NDIA will provide you with your Participant Plan detailing the funding and support you can access.
With 36 years of experience and supplying the community, Killarney Memorial Aged Care is proud to continue this service to the public. We firmly believe that easy access to nutritious food is important for people. Our service is designed to make it easier for you to lead a healthy life.
If you are a senior, a person with a disability or a carer and in need to nutritional meals, please contact us on (07) 4664 1488 for assistance. For a fee, you will receive a hot or cold meal from our 4-week rotational menu which includes soup, bread, dessert and a drink. All dietary requirements can be catered for.
Too tired or busy to cook?
Here is a sample of some of home cooked meals we can deliver fresh to your door every weekday between 11am and 12noon:
- Irish Stew with Mashed Potato, Pumpkin, and seasonal green vegetables;
- Cottage Pie & Gravy with Potatoes, Pumpkin, and Mixed Vegetables;
- Lasagne & Green Salad;
- Crumbed Fish with a Tossed Green Salad and Pasta Salad.
Planning on going away or just don’t want to think about meals for a while?
Our frozen meals can be delivered to you once a week on a day that you choose. Simply pop them in the freezer and then defrost, heat and eat when you are ready.
There are over 28 meal choices including:
- Chicken & Vegetable Casserole with Mashed Potato and seasonal green vegetables;
- Curried and Plain Sausages with Mashed Potato, Carrots, and seasonal green vegetables;
- Pickled Pork with White Sauce, Potatoes, Sweet potato and seasonal green vegetables;
- Roast Chicken & Chicken Gravy with Baked Potatoes, Baked Pumpkin, and seasonal green vegetables.